Unsure of which platforms are best for your business? Just like any marketing effort, it's important to identify your goals for your social media campaign, the target audience you wish to reach, and how success will be measured. Below is some information that can be used to determine which platforms identify with your business goals.
- 1.09 billion daily active users
- 1.65 billion total active users
- Nearly 69% of all global social media users
- Nearly 46 minutes average in App minutes per day (USA)
- 8 billion video views per day
- 44% of USA users claim Facebook is their primary source of news
Accurate Data - Facebook has a very robust data tracking system, which allows brands to target relevant audience segments with its advertising.
Multiple Objectives - Facebook Ads allow for a wide variety of objectives, with different pricing models available based on the goals of your business, whether it be to maximize ad impressions, interactions, website clicks, App downloads, or many other objectives.
Remarketing Campaigns - Using a "pixel", brands can executive remarketing campaigns within Facebook to expose messaging and advertising to users who were previously exposed to the brand outside of Facebook.
- 150 million daily active users
- 200 million total active users
- Nearly 19 minutes average time spent in App per day (USA)
- 10 billion daily mobile video views
- 86% of USA users are under 34 years old
Reach Millennials - Snapchat reaches about 41% of all 18-34 year-olds in the USA
Engaging Rich Media - Snapchat drives high view completion rates with fullscreen video ads. Ads seamlessly appear in a user's "Story", and one can swipe an ad to reveal extended content or a call-to-action.
- 300 million daily active users
- 500 million total active users
- Nearly 20 minutes average time spent in App per day (USA)
- 65% of active daily users are women
Preferred Channel for Women - Female social media users prefer Instagram for engaging with branded content more than other social networks.
Remarketing Campaigns - Using a "pixel", brands can executive remarketing campaigns within Instagram to expose messaging and advertising to users who were previously exposed to the brand outside of Facebook.
Seamless Integration with Facebook - Instagram Ads are managed through the Facebook Ads platform, allowing advertisers to target the same ads and demographic audiences to both platforms simultaneously.
- 136 million daily active users
- 320 million total active users
- Nearly 14 minutes averate time spent in App per day (USA)
- 93% of video views are on mobile
- 67% of users are likely to buy from brands they follow on Twitter
Network-specific promotion - 1/3 of Twitter users follow one or more brands, and 90% of those users follow them for discounts or other cost-saving promotions. Give the people what they want!
Viral marketing message - Marketing agencies cringe when we hear "I want a viral marketing campaign" or "I want a viral video". However, Twitter is known for its ease of retweeting someone's message, so Twitter does help users to reach a larger audience than initially intended.
Some of the information on this blog post was borrowed from TubeMogul.
Tell us what you think!